small brown spots on fingers

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small brown spots on fingers

I have been reading through some of the questions posted and found that many people are having the very same issue I am but none of the questions have been addressed. I have had this "condition" for several years now sometimes it is worst than others. They seem to start out as very small blisters with a clear liquid inside, they then dry up and leave a small brown spots under the skin. That brown spot eventually breaks through the skin and can be removed or flaked off leaving a circle of dried skin around the exterior approx the same size of the original blister. They started on my feet. I believe due to itching of those spots, they got transferred to my fingers. my feet have cleared up but I cannot get rid of the ones on my hands. They are mainly concentrated on the outside of both my index fingers and thumbs but do show up sporadically on any finger. They last for a few days then dry up and fall off. It never clears up totally, they just seem to be at different stages. Right now for instance I have +/- 3 dried up circles from old ones, 3 or 4 blisters, and 5-6 brown spots on each of my index fingers and thumbs. I would really like to get your opinion on this as I have been to a dermatologist and at the time the spots had clear up slightly so there was not much for them to see. That very dermatologist took something he thought may be cancerous off my arm, had it tested and didn’t get back to me at all. I had to call three weeks later to ask "do I have cancer" I am sure you can understand why I don’t want to go back there. you help would be greatly appreciated, Sincere Regards
From the symptoms it looks like pompholyx. The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons. But some triggers like allergic reaction to soaps, detergents, foods, latex, nickel etc may trigger the symptoms. Apply some calamine lotion on the affected area and keep the area well moisturized. Use only thin applications of moisturizer ointments as excessive amounts of ointment may restrict breathing of the skin and aggravate the condition.

Topical steroids can be applied but they are available under prescription. Moreover to prevent infection, topical antibiotics may be needed. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.