Dermatology Expert Forum
small bumps in my pubic hair

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

small bumps in my pubic hair
Hello & thanks in advance for your help.  I have about 8-10 little bumps that have developed in my pubic hair over the past month or two.  They are skin colored, they do not itch, they do not hurt and they are not around my genitals.  They have a hard core (I know this from squeezing the heck out of one of them & making it bleed) and they have a dimple right in the middle that makes them look like a tiny bagel.  The 3 or 4 that I did try to pop left left a red wound because the entire top came off.  As soon as I would try to pop it they would fill with blood and I had to really work to get the core out. They really did bleed a lot.

As for my sexual history, I've been married up until recently and have since had a boyfriend.  I did have intercourse with one other guy in between the divorce & boyfriend but he used a condom.  

Could you please tell me what you think this might be?  I've just moved to a new area and it's so hard to get into a doctor's office here...they make you wait months.  

Thanks again for your help.
I think you have molluscum.  This is a kind of wart that is not HPV.  Although the full name is molluscum contagiosum, the condition very often is not contagious or sexually-transmitted.  If one of your partners had it, it would be visible.  Children get it all the time.

Molllusca go away on their own in several months, but most adults don't want to wait that long.  A dermatologist can confirm the diagnosis and treat it simply.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I think that your symptoms match with Molluscum Contagiosum (I have this - a hassle rather than a health concern. Check with a doctor. Good luck.
Thank you very much!  I feel much better knowing it's not an STD.
I think this is what my boyfriend might have.  Does anyone know if he can give it to me?
I also noticed about a week ago the same symptoms...

I have about 10-15 small red bumps (yellowish in center, little red outer circle)... all uniform in size, that went from about an inch below my bellybutton to a couple inchs about my genitals... there are no symptoms closer than that to my genitals...

i was very worried at first, about possibly herpes, but after reading this, and the fact they are not on my genitals in the least bit... Im eased.

My question... I popped a few of them, and it produced what I can only describe as a "seed" each time, that looked like a pale bag... Profuse bleeding occured as well...

At first I thought it was a rash, or perhaps ingrown hairs, due to my trimming my pubic hair, but it sounds more like moluscum at this time...

Does this still sound like moluscum? Ive been freaking about this lately, as Ive never had an STD and didnt want to start now.
I'm not a doctor but if does sound like molluscum - the white hard "seed" or "core" is the give away. As far as I am aware genital HPV warts and herpes do not have a "core". Go to a doctor and get it checked out - every doctor I have ever been to has been excellent, reassuring, and non-judgemental. My molluscum occurred 8 months after potential sexual exposure so I am tempted to think that I got them somewhere else (god only knows). When it comes down to it, it does'nt really matter where they came from, just get it sorted out. Good luck.
you might want to see a doc?