small bumps under skin on fingers and palms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've never before had any kind of rash on my hands; this started on the palm of my right hand and it seems little bubbles were forming under the skin. Eventually the bubbles seemed to come to the surface and my skin started peeling. This now is a very large target shaped  mark on my palm, and seems to be spreading outwards. It itches sometimes, The skin keeps peeling away from the centre.

Now this has spread to my fingers, first one then two, now 5 or 6, and also on the heels of both my hands. I think it is also on the bottom of one foot. Little bubbles that feel hard to the touch, more appear, and eventually the skin breaks and it seems kind of like a rash.  My doctor said it was fungus and gave me Daktacort which is a hydrocortisone cream. I've used it twice a day for 4 days now but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Does it normally take a lot of time for this cream to make the bubbles go away? Do you think I have a fungus? Will it come back again?
Continue to keep using the hydrocortisone cream. It may take a few more days before you see any improvement.
Blisters on the skin are usually caused by a fungus.
Alternatively if you do not see any improvement in aweek's time please do re-visit your doctor.
Allergy or bacterial infections could also be the cause.
Hope your condition improves soon.
i just got home from work today and noticed these bubble on my hands as well. I'm freaking out, is this contagious? does it have a name?
Hi  , my name  is Julian and  I  believe I have the same problem  , I have tried  every  single  cream  and nothing seems to  work ,did you see any  improvement  with  the Daktacort  cream  you putting on ?
I have EXACTLY the same condition... just answered this for another post and will repeat here.

I apply a small amount of polysporin (available "over the counter" in a small tube) twice a day when it flares up. It then goes away for months.

For me it usually breaks out slowly but then spreads noticeably when it is hot or humid, and so I think is triggered either by constant heat or moisture, or maybe seasonal allergies? Don't really care if I know how to make it disappear.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers