small dark spots under armpit

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small dark spots under armpit

okay, i had these small dark spots under my armpit for 6 months now. i took an std test and it came back negative for syphilis and hiv. im just wondering now what it is. i know it cant be sarcoma and my doc said it wasnt fungus so im kinda worried. it spreaded a little through out the months. it first started with a small dot now i got a small clutter under my armpit and a small patch on my right hip and left pectorial. anyone know what this is???
help anyone?
bump ba bump bump
no one can help?
One of the possibilities for your symptoms is confluent and reticular papillomatosis. It is characterized by grayish blue hyperkeratotic papules, usually located on the trunk. The other possibility is of hyperpigmented skin. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get a biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

are those symptoms serious. i went to see a skin specialist and he said it looked normal to him. i really couldn't believe it my family physician also said it looked normal.
This is a rare disease and the etiology of confluent and reticulated papillomatosis include an endocrine disturbance, a disorder of keratinization, and an abnormal host reaction to Pityrosporum organisms or bacteria. Without examination I cannot confirm a diagnosis but you need to get thedse dark spots evaluated. Another possibility for such dark spots is of pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
hi bhupinder kaur,

is this contagious? how do you get this skin problem and how does it look when it starts??? the skin specialist who checked out my skin said it looked normal to him and also my regular doctor said it looked normal to him aswell. this scares me a lot. and what is the endocrine system do? cause my stool has been getting  yellowish to brown yellowish?
also, is there a cure for papillomatosis , and is this life threatening?
and also, my sports are brown. im not sure if thats the color papillomatosis starts off as. im getting really scared about this.
bump
bump
im hopping its just hyperpigmented skin but it is a small patch under my armpits. it seems to be slowly growing
ok just an update, i went to get my biopsy on wednesday, im going in on monday to get the results. well, i got a stitch and as of today which is saturday, the skin around the stitch turned yellow. is it infected? ive been putting anti biotic ointment on it. im not sure if its just healing but yea just wanted to make sure. by the way i let the dermatologist know tht it could possibly confluent and reticular papillomatosis, and they said that its an odd chance tht i have it(which i pray i dont). ill update you on more on monday.
hi , i just got my results in today. the diagnosis was Follicular cyst, infundibular type. any advice on this diagnosis?
bump