small itchy bumps on scalp

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small itchy bumps on scalp

I recently developed small itchy bumps on my scalp and around my one ear. They just started one day last week. I tried a different shampoo for the scalp. No relief. I have not used anything different to bring this on. I have had itchy spots before when I used certain hair products but I have not been using any. It is driving me crazy. I had a little bit of dandruff when this started but that has cleared up. I have had my head checked so many times for lice. Nothing. I am the only one in the house with problem. It is only on my head and around the hairline and by my ears. My husband says it looks like little welts. I am putting an anti itch cream around my ears and that helps a little. Once it starts itching I can not help but scratch and I know that is not helping. Any suggestions about this.
Thanks,
Chadry
I'm having the same problem however coupled with hair loss.  The pimple like bumps all of a sudden went away last week, but so did my hair.  You can't tell looking at my hair, but feeling it and of course what was left in the drain proves it.  I have no idea what's wrong.
look up seborrheic dermatitis and see if that is helpful :)

it occurs at the hairline, eyebrows, folds of the nose and around the ears all at the same time or just in one spot or another and is associated with oily type dandruff at the site.

at home you can try a dandruff shampoo or the dermatologist can treat you with something more effective.
I think I found out my problem. I had a problem with  my arm and had to sleep on the couch for about a week. That is when this happened all of a sudden. I did not have lice because my head was checked so many times. I noticed my granddaughter itching her head the other day.So I checked her.Iti s not lice, but I have 4 dogs and 1 sleeps on the couch. It was fleas.........My granddaughter loves to lay on the couch and watch her little shows. It's the couch. We have been working on getting rid of fleas. I never had this problem before so if anyone has any suggestions on this one I could sure use your help.I had flea bites on my head. They are getting better now since we have been working on getting rid of them. That is why no one else really had them because we do not sit on the couch that much.
Thanks,
Chadry
I have small bumps with severe itching of my scalp along with sudden hair loss, what could cause this? I was check for lice and fleas and have none, I do work in my plant garden alot but never find any bugs when washing hair.  Any treatment you can give also please?