small itchy groin rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small itchy groin rash

Hello, I'm a 21 year old female with a persistent groin rash. It is only on a small area on my left side of my groin. It is extremely itchy and gets worse when I do give in and scratch. There are a few small red raised bumps, they do not hurt (unless i scratch them raw), and are not filled with anything. I had this problem once before, my doc gave me a fungal cream...seemed to help, but now they are back in the exact same spot 6 months later. I'm paranoid that it something worse then it really is, and I just want it to go away.

thanks for any help

I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like fungal infection(tinea cruris) to me. Wash your groins and genitalia daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.The damp skin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply.Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day. and do not share other people’s towels.Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

In case the symptoms persist then it is best to have it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.

tinea has is clearly bordered n caused buy another kind of fungus T rubrum, it aint spots...(what r u sayin, kindd??)
the girl might check :
scabies
pubic lice ( both make the spts)
but most probable its either serborheic dermatitis(neva can rememba the name)( caused by another kind of yeast/malessezia os sth like that)
but I ALMOST certainly bet its groin candidiasis (by candida) .  look at the pics in google n u'll see however kindd truly suggested use of an antifungal agent if its by the fungus, but might be also by the 1st two..
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers