Dermatology Expert Forum
small itchy skin-colored bumps
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

small itchy skin-colored bumps

I have many small itchy bumps on my scrotum and penis.  Originally I just felt the itchiness and thought it was just jock-itch or something else normal.  Then, I noticed a group of small, skin-colored bumps at the base of my penis.  The itching soon got much worse and I went to see my doctor.  I did some research and I thought it was HPV.  There is no discharge, no other signs or problems.  The doctor said she didn't think it was HPV or any other STD, but she wasn't sure what it was.  I think she mainly thought it wasnt because of the itchiness and "it just didn't look like HPV."  Although I've read there can be itchiness with HPV, so I wasn't sure.  I went to a dermatologist and he said basically the same thing.  He said he thought it was just some skin condition that should go away on its own.  He said it was possibly 'another virus that wasn't serious.'  He gave me desonide lotion and said it should be gone in a month or so.  Well, it's been 3 months and it has only gotten worse.  The bumps have spread up the shaft of my penis now and I'm really really worried.  The itchiness is relieved temporarily by the lotion, but I don't think any of the bumps have gotten smaller.  I think some of the first bumps are the same size, but some (i think) have gotten bigger.  Nothing happens if I squeeze them, it just hurts a lot.  The bumps are clumped.  I have had sex with three girls.  Only one was within the past 6 years, and I was with her for 2 years.  I started getting symptoms about 3 months after we broke up.  A problem with health insurance is preventing me from going to a doctor right now...is there any chance this is not hpv?  what could it be?  There are a lot of them, so if it is HPV is this going to ruin my sex life for the rest of my life?  Is there ay way to get rid of them?  Is there anything else i could do now?  it is not going away right now and i'm really worried.