Dermatology Community
small itchy spot on face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

small itchy spot on face

I have a relatively small spot on my face, about two inches below my right eye.  It is flesh-colored.  It appeared about 4 years ago, like a zit that just wouldn't go away.  It has since flattened out to almost the same level as the rest of my skin, but the spot is harder than the skin around it.  It doesn't bother me for the most part, but I've noticed that for the past year or so, I'm waking up scratching it.  I don't wear makeup on a regular basis, and on the rare occasions that I do, I clean my face well before I go to bed.  I'm concerned that it might be changing, and I'm also terrified that this might be something that needs to be removed.  If you have any thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms it looks like a sebaceous cyst. The other possibility is of a benign skin growth. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.
It may cause scarring, so discuss it with your dermatologist and get it evaluated.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank