small itchy spot on face
I have a relatively small spot on my face, about two inches below my right eye.  It is flesh-colored.  It appeared about 4 years ago, like a zit that just wouldn't go away.  It has since flattened out to almost the same level as the rest of my skin, but the spot is harder than the skin around it.  It doesn't bother me for the most part, but I've noticed that for the past year or so, I'm waking up scratching it.  I don't wear makeup on a regular basis, and on the rare occasions that I do, I clean my face well before I go to bed.  I'm concerned that it might be changing, and I'm also terrified that this might be something that needs to be removed.  If you have any thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.
From the symptoms it looks like a sebaceous cyst. The other possibility is of a benign skin growth. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.
It may cause scarring, so discuss it with your dermatologist and get it evaluated.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.