Dermatology Expert Forum
small light red bumps on hands, feet,elbows and knees

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

here is a run down of everything from the the last 10 days. Don't know if everything is related or not. 10 days ago I hurt my lower back some how at work. That night when I got home I started to run a fever of around 103 and my whole body hurt. I didn't really feel sick like the flu or a cold but the fever stayed for 72 hours even after taking meds. On the forth day when my fever broke I started to notice small red bumps on the top of my feet. Didn't really itch or anything but there was arount 50 or so. Then on the fifth day I started to notice them on the top of my hands mostly on the top of my fingers. then on the 6th day I saw them on my knees and elbows.  for the next 4-5 days they increased a little but now seeem to be staying the same. The ones on my fingers are sore a little to the touch. they are all pretty small with the largest being about the size of a lady bug. now today the 11th day I have pain in the joints at all the locations of the red bumps. I am an otherwise healthy 28yr old male.
My best guess is that this is a viral rash, which would explain the rash and the other symptoms.  However, you will need to see a doctor in person for a diagnosis.  Given how long this has lasted, I think you should see a doctor right away, at a walk-in clinic if needed.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff