small lump under skin on arm, should i worry?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

A while back I noticed a small lump/raised surface on my left arm, on the outer part below my elbow.  It did not hurt so I didn't pay too much attention to it. Two days ago I noticed a strange pain in that area, almost like I had a bruise there. It turns out that when I touch the lump on the arm it hurts, its not hard and seems to disappear and come back depending on how I move my arm around.  I am worried it can be something serious, like a type of soft tissue sarcoma.  I made an appointment to the doctor but I am very worried, looking up information on-line makes it worse.  Please give me any opinions you may have.

This discussion is related to lump under skin on forearm.
It can be a boil,swollen lymph node or lipoma pressing on the underlying nerves.

Lipoma skin is a benign tumor.Usually it is painless and requires no specific treatment as it is self limiting. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some warm compresses. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Well i got a round bump on my left arm and its been there for a couple a months and its has a pain to it and is bruised and i dont know what it is...?
wow i have the same exact thing as you ali107