Dermatology Expert Forum
small red bumps on arms,shoulders and back

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I have these small red bumps(to the touch) on my upper arms, shoulders and back.

I had noticed that the small red bumps go away and go come back every so ofter.

However, I didn't know I had them on the shoulders or back until I went for a mud treatment at a spa. The person doing the mud treatment said it look like I have some type of rash.

Any ideas what these red bumps could be? an allergic reaction to something? affect of sun damage (I haven't sun myself in 10 yrs)?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  • sun allergy (16 replies):
    i went to the doctor with a rash that appeared on my che...[more]
  • sun allergies (1 replies):
    I am light complected with blue eyes, i don't burn that ...[more]
  • sun rash (9 replies):
    Hi Dr. Is it possible to develop an allergic type of ra...[more]
  • Sun Poisoning (8 replies):
    I am a medium toned redhead. For the past5-6 years, whe...[more]
  • Sun rash (23 replies):
    I have had a problem for a number of years and have had ...[more]
Bumps that come and go would not be either allergy or sun damage..  They're probably just clogged pores, the grownup equivalent of pimples.  But the only way you're going to know for sure what they are is to have a doctor look at them.  So don't worry about these bumps--see a doctor and check.  Meantime, no treatment is needed, but be sure to avoid picking or rubbing any of the bumps.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Thanks doctor. I will schedule an appointment with a dermatologist just to make sure its not something serious. I appreciate the feedback.And post a follow up after see the doctor.