Dermatology Expert Forum
small red dots and rash on shaft of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Hi i was recently wondering about some skin issues with my penis.  Recently after having sex with my girlfriend consecutively for a cpl of days i noticed that small red bumps appeared on the shaft of my penis.  After a few more days i developed a rash on the underside of the shaft right below the head.  The rash was only midly itchy (if it itched at all) but it became very dry and began to peel after a few more days.  The rash itself looks like a rash i got after using a condom with nonoxynol 9 which i believe i am allergic to.  However, I have never used a condom with nonoxynol 9 since that occasion.  We did use lubrication but it was water-based and I dont believe it caused the above irritations (it wasnt the first time using it).  We regulary practice unprotected sex but my girlfirend doesnt seem to have any of the symptoms i have.  This is the second time that these syptoms (symptoms) have come up since i had my nonoxynol 9 rash.  I do not have any discharge or pain while urinating and the symptoms go away after a few days with no sexual contact.  I would truly appreciate any feedback.  thank you
You probably have blocked pores from friction, etc., which is most likely what happened after the condom too.  The cause us sweat retention, not the nonoxynol.  Just cleanse gently and avoid friction for a while, and the spots should go away.  If they don't, you can show them to a doctor.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Hey.
I'm a 16 year old male who about 9 days ago had unprotected sex with my girlfriend for the first time. About 5 days I ago, I realized that a few little red, pin-sized dots have appeared around the head and under the foreskin of my penis. They do not itch or hurt at all. They have faded for the most part but a few still can be seen. I also noticed a slightly irritating rash that appeared under the tip of my penis. It barely itches and also has flaked small bits of skin.

Is this an early effect of an STI?
A related discussion, rash was started.
A related discussion, red dots on penis with burning sensation was started.
A related discussion, red bumps on underside of penile shaft was started.
A related discussion, personal was started.