Dermatology Community
small red dots on skin
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

small red dots on skin

When I got pregnant with our daughter, I started to notice these small red dots appear randomly on my skin.  They are almost like broken blood vessels.  There is no discomfort or itching, they are just unsightly.  I am now pregnant with our second child and they seem to be getting worse.  They are on my hands, arms and back mostly.  Of course, I am tired and sick to my stomach alot, but I am preggo.  I didn't know if this was something to be concerned about.  I hate the way they look.  What can i do?  Is it serious?
Tags: Pregnancy
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
One possibility for your symptoms is prurigo gestationis. It appears as many tiny bumps that look like bug bites. The rash resolves soon after delivery and calamine lotion is very helpful for soothing the skin. You should get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
1225045_tn?1282233869
Thank you for your response.  I am due in a few weeks and will get it checked out after delivery.  I started seeing them when preggo with our daughter and thought it was hormonal but they never went away and now that I am preggo with our son there are more appearing.   I will get it checked out after his birth.
Thank you
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank