small red itchy bumps that won't go away

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I'm 23 and live in Florida but I have been in Ohio for the last 3 weeks helping a friend move. The first week I started to notice small bumps in the web of my index and middle finger that itched viciously and when squeezed leaked a clearish/yellow fluid. After a few days they turned into little scabs but still remain. I began to notice that the bumps were spreading to the other fingers, then to the back of my hand, my forearm, then the other arm altogether. I now have the red itchy bumps all over my body excluding my genital area and face but they are starting to appear on my neck and I worry they will soon be on my face. The bumps do not go away, they turn into scabs or dry flakey spots and itch/burn now. I've changed nearly everything I use soap wise, which did not help. I've noticed that scratching only make's them worse and they swell up like a mosquito bite, but they itch so bad it's hard not to, and after showering is the absolute worst.
My brother who is 21 is now starting to get them, we've been sleeping on my friend's couches until we head back to FLA, we don't know if its the climate or if we've come in contact with something, or maybe it's something on the couch but we looked and found no bugs of any kind. I currently do not have the money to see a doctor, and will not until I leave for florida which will be in 2 weeks. I'm in agony, any advise ASAP will help.
Since both of you are getting it, hence contagious diseases like scabies need to be ruled out. It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.