small red rash on head on penis?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small red rash on head on penis?

i have recently been diagnosed with ringworm on the inside of my leg. i also noticed a small rash forming on the head of my penis but didnt mention it to my GP. it is not a ring shape like the ringworm on my leg and does not itch. its a little sensative. the rash isnt dotted like some ive saw on the internet, its more blotchy. and its definatly not an STD as im a virgin. my doctor prescribed my daktacort (miconazole nitrate 2% and hydrocortisone 1%). would this be ok to use on my penis for the rash? i am circumsised.

could this be ringworm spread to my penis?

thanks in advance :D

This discussion is related to Penis Rash.
Without external examination it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis, but the various possibilities for your symptoms are sweat dermatitis, contact dermatitis, rash due to friction rub during intercourse or masturbation, lichen planus or due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms).

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get yourself evaluated for these possibilities. Till then, you should keep the area clean, wear lose comfortable clothes to avoid sweating, use a powder to keep the area dry  and use calamine lotion at the sites. Miconazole 2% should be used on the delicate skin of penis only after taking your dermatologist into confidence. However from the symptoms I feel that application of calamine lotion or a mild steroid cream should help. I hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.