small skin hole
Hi! I have two daughters who where born with small skin holes.My oldest daughter now 6yrs. old was born with small skin hole on  both her ears they are located on the back towards the top corner of her ear lobes. My youngest, she is 2mos. has the small skin hole on the left side of her face between her eye and nose is more like right underneath her tear duct. neither of this skin holes drain or have foul smells coming from them.I have researched and looked for pictures on the web but there is no info on this skin holes.I must admit they look like "prearicular pits" unlike them there are no symptoms and the look like they are closed if you know what I mean. I just want to know if anyone knows what this is? I did ask the ped but it was dismissed without an explanation. Should I be concerned?
From the symptoms the only possibility that comes to my mind is preauricular pits. They are benign, congenital malformations which mark the entrance to a sinus tract that may travel under the skin near the ear cartilage. Since they are not draining now but care should be taken as they may get infected. A CT / MRI of the area can help in visualizing the soft tissue and confirming the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.