small spotted rash on skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small spotted rash on skin

I have noticed my feet feeling itchy and am starting to develop a rash that looks like tiny red/white bumps on both feet, mostly on the top of my feet up near my toes (but not between them), and also around my ankles.  I have also noticed one of these same small red bumps developing on my forearm.  I have had athletes foot in the past and I am certain that this is not the same thing.  I am also fairly certain that it isn't poison ivy/oak/sumac.  I did recently go running through the woods, but was wearing long clothes that covered my feet and legs really well, and I was watching for poisonous plants.  The only two real "changes" that have occurred lately are as follows:  (1)  I just started a new job about a month ago and have had to wear black or brown socks 5 days a week.  (2)  I just returned from a weekend away and the house I stayed at had a water softener system that made the shower water feel as if I never really was fully rinsed off, but I think if this was from that I'd notice more of these bumps on more of my body.

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or insect bites etc.

Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for the symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.