small white spots on chin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small white spots on chin

I have a rash of small white headed spots on my chin. I dont wear makeup and wash with soap and water twice a day. They are not like normal spots though more like small blisters that are rather sore and within miniutes of exfoliating they seem to come back just as sore and very unsightly. They usually stay for around a week or so but I cant think of anything that triggers them as they come during summer and winter and Im not on the contraceptive pill or anything. What could they be and how can I stop them as Im getting married in August and would hate for them to come back then.
These small sores can be due to infected and clogged hair follicles causing folliculitis or perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. It mostly effects women and appear around the nose, mouth and eyes. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided. You can consult a dermatologist and get oral antibiotics like tetracycline prescribed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.