sore fingertips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sore fingertips

I have  problems with my fingertips  especially the  thumbs  they dry out and get cracked   and then I have to bandage them up  for a few days  and that  doesn;t help  cause no air  gets to them  to heal them.   so I am looking for a good dermotolgy cream that maybe I can use to heal without bandaging  my thumbs up all the time    so any info would help me out a lot      thank u  and God Bless u
These symptoms can be due to contact dermatitis and contact with harsh detergents, soaps and lotions. Sometimes cold, dry air can cause  peeling and dermatitis or fungal infections can also cause peeling and soreness.

Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used, whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid.

Symptoms can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin. If the symptoms persist then please get an examination done from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.