sore hard to heal

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sore hard to heal

i am 46 and was tested for sugar it came back neg ..but if i get a sore it takes weeks to heal and i always get a thick hard scab(even on like a small pimple once it is gone i have a place and hard scab..and i also have hard calluses on my feet .. i file and use lotion but they r cracked...any help ?
There can be several reasons for non healing of a sore and some of these are local infection,hypoxia (poor blood supply and thus oxygen supply to the skin and adjoining area), trauma, presence of foreign bodies, or systemic problems such as diabetes mellitus, malnutrition, immunodeficiency, or medications (like steroids).

Regarding the callus pls apply lots of moisturing lotion and vit E on the feet. Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened regions. Soak feet in warm soapy water to soften calluses.Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer.

If still the calluses persist,then pls go in for removal by surgical means or with keratolytic agents (medicines that break up hardened areas of skin). Shaving or cutting off the hardened area on the skin by a doctor is also helpful.
I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.