sore on finger

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sore on finger

hi i have a tiny bunp on my left index finger it is sore when i slightly press on it do u no what the cause of it is.
Blood blister is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin.It is commonly found on hands. Elevate the hand, give rest to the part, apply cold compresses, soak the blister in Epsom sale and keep the hand bandaged so as to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection.

If the symptoms persist then possibility of angiokeratoma has to be ruled out. Please get it evaluated from a dermatologist in that case.

I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

sorry replied to an earlier question first.This sore on the finger can be an infected myxoid cyst or herpetic whitlow. It is a painful viral infection occurring on the fingers or around the fingernails. Herpetic whitlow is caused by infection with the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him. Infected cysts may need excision and drainage or surgical excision. I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and regards.