sore skin on my face around the nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sore skin on my face around the nose

2453847?1201883545

I'm trying the best to explain the problem.
I'm getting a kind of rush (sore red skin) around my nose and a bit on my chin. The skin seems dry, is itchy and burns a little. When I'm showering, it dissapears for a day, or two. If I'm just washing my face it stays there. Seems also to develop quiqly when I'm not shaving my face (I'm male)

I'm attaching a picture to show where the rash is spreading, is not an actual picture of my face

Thank you for your answers

There could be several causes of the sores you are having - the most common is picking the nose or trimming nasal hairs - which leads to a staphylococcus infection. Other causes include cold sores due to herpes, impetigo, nasal polyps, lupus , etc.

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions and without a proper clinical examination.

It would be best to consult an ENT specialist and rule out the possible causes and find out the confirmed diagnosis in your case.

Till then, you could use calamine lotion and an over the counter antibacterial local application cream and see if it helps.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.