sore that won't go away!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sore that won't go away!

About two months ago, I was out front mowing the yard. We use a push mower. I ran over some rocks, my legs were the flying rocks' targets. All of the sores have cleared up, except one. I have been using saline wash & neosporin to help heal it. Is it possible the prolonged period of time for one sore to heal could be caused from diabetes or possibly cancer? I find it odd, because that same night, I fell in my dining room. My knee, on the same foot, has been bothering me since. It started grinding when I bend it. It was confusing because I never bled. Two weeks later, in the same foot, my legs began swelling really bad. I finally got the swelling to go away after 3 weeks.
Tags: sores
Foot swelling in your case can be due to traumatic injury to the leg. Elevate the effected leg. Wear leg wedges while sleeping, support socks and proper fitting shoes and socks. Indulge in moderate exercises like walking, avoid prolonged standing and avoid sitting with the feet dependent. Decrease salt intake and drink plenty of water. The blood under the skin which causes the discoloration of bruising should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less.

In your case,as the symptoms are persisting for more than 2 months, so it may be due to formation of hematoma because of blood trapped in tissues. This blood may need to be drained.
If the edema persists or continues to worsen, please consult a physician.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers