sore vagina

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sore vagina

for the past week , i have had a very sore vagina , it always feels very hot , but the pain is at its worst by my vaginal opening , it feels like a cut which when i pee is very sore when it passes over it , i know its not from sex because i left it a week and a half and nothing progressed , the pain is only at the opening and not inside , sometimes its unbareable to touch , i know its not a std because i have only had sex with one boy who had a check before we had sex , can you help me with what this is ?
Sore and burning vagina can be due to a number of causes. First of all it can be due to allergic reaction or contact dermatitis to your undergarments, sanitary napkins or tampons, soaps etc.There is no change in the colour or smell of discharge in this case. Secondly it can be due to chafing skin. Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Thirdly it can be due to urinary tract infection. To diagnose a UTI please get a complete urine examination and urine culture done. Also sexually transmitted diseases have to be ruled out.This can be done by swab specimen from the vagina and cervix.

My sincere advice is to get an evaluation done from a gynecologist and till that time, drink plenty of fluids. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have a white or brown rash around down there my boyfriend said it looks like dry skin. A week ago I had my period n I felt has if I got hurt with the pad like tiny cuts. But my period has stopd n I still feel sore n it burns I don't knw wt 2 do sum1 plz help