sores in the head
I have in the last 4 months had sores come up on the head.  I have been to the MD who gave me a topical ointment which did not help so I went to a dermatolgist who gave me a prescription of medication which has not helped.  Both doctors are saying it is nerves.  They tell me to quick picking at it which is hard to do.  They are getting worse.  Should I try a different dermatoligst or what suggestion do you have?

It can be due to boils or sebaceous cysts which have got infected. Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. also get a culture sensitivity of the lumps and blood done. If there are recurrent boils, then please get your blood sugar levels estimated.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.