sores on joints, hands, and feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sores on joints, hands, and feet

I've had poison ivy rash for two weeks now. I've been treating it with an over the counter First Aid Antiseptic with itch relief.  Just yesterday I woke up with sores on my hands and fingers. The same sores are on my feet, elbows, ankles, and knees. They are small and red and focus mostly on the joints. These sores are very painful and feel like blisters. What are they and what can I do about them. I can't go to a doctor, because I have no insurance.  
sounds like scabies they attack the feet ankles hands fingers and elbows and they look like tiny blisters or skin colored bumps. Im not a doctor but in college I caught these pesky critters along with all my roommates its very contagious and you can only get rid of it by getting proper meds from a doctor . look up pictures and see if they look the same. If it does everyone in your home needs to be treated along with everything else bedding pillows towels any clothes you worn car desk at work carpets absolutly everything hope for your sack its not its very itchy and more so at night do to the fact that this is when they are most active. and its not something that will go away you have to be persistent. hope this helps.

Nothing can be said with surety without a clinical examination and it would be best that you fix an appointment and get a bone and joint specialist review at the earliest.

Youw ould need to rule out rheumatoid arthritis amongst one of the probable causes.

Till then you could keep the sites clean, apply calamine lotion at the sites, take oral anti-histamine medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

Do not scratch or burst the lesions.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
Hey the same thing has just happened to me. I had a poison ivy rash and as soon as it started to heal up I began to get small bump like rashes on both of my elbows, ankles, and knuckes. All of the rashes are at the joints and do not resemble a reoccuring poison ivy rash but instead it is a bunch of little bumps. I am wondering if you ever recieved a positive diagnosis because im almost certain the same thing is happening to me. A reply here in the comments would be greatly appreciated.