sores on scalp
What causes sores on the scalp? How can I get rid of them?
Please describe the scalp sores in at least some detail, so that we can offer some sort of diagnosis or advice.
There is a long list of conditions that can cause scalp conditions, including dandruff, itching, allergy to shampoos etc, lice, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis etc. All of them have different treatment approaches.
they start out like little pimples and as time goes by, and I do pick at them, they get bigger and eventually go away, and then another will appear in another spot. They last a couple of weeks before they go away, they do get real sore though.
I get the exact same thing and I'm trying to research it.  I've gotten them for about 8 years now.  They range from little pimples to large ones and some are like blind pimples.  They are very painful and they come and go.  I found that it helps to use an oil free shampoo/conditioner or shampoo for oily hair, even tho I don't always have oily hair.  I am getting really frustrated because no Dr. has been able to give me a good diagnoses or treatment.  One Dr. said scalp acne which seems possible and he gave me an antibiotic for acne which actually worked great only my scalp got reallys dry.  Ask your doctor to try you on Minocycline to see if maybe you have bacteria in your skin.  I do get to go see another Dr. in a few weeks.....wish me luck!
Whoops sorry! Post was for YOU!
Heres, the problem, Iam 25 years old and i have had these soars that used to come and go during winter and I thought it was just for dry skin, well now its summer, and I have them and they are back with a vengence!  They itch, and when i scratch them, they leak.  It's gross, and I don't remember them at all starting out as pimples but bumps.  they are all over my scalp, from the front of my hairline to the back.  They itch and multiply and get bigger.  And, whats worse is that they have been there for almost two months now, and getting worse.  But, I don't have them anywhere else on my body, they don't spred like that.  Any help is usful, and appreciated.
On my way to dermatologist. Kenalog spray killed it 10 years ago.