sores or std?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sores or std?

In my inner thighs towards my butt I get these pimple looking sores, they are raised and almost feel like a sist if you push on it.  The only time it hurts is if you put pressure on it.  Sometimes it will have a white head and pop like a pimple, sometimes almost like deadskin will peel off, but after it isn't raised anymore, it will leave a bruise or a dark mark.  It is usually just in my upper inner thigh but they will occasionally show up in different places on my body.  I am not sexually active and never was so I don't think it could be an STD, but Im not sure..
If you have always abstained from sex it doesn't sound like it could be an STD. Many people on this forum ask about pimples on their bottom, so it is not unusual. I would use Sudocrem, a nappy rash cream which is also indicated for other skin conditions like acne. It has zinc in it which is good for your skin. Loiloi x

Nothing can be said with  surety without having a look at the lesions.

This seems to be a case of folliculitis from your description. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles.

Folliculitis of the buttocks is common and unimportant.  You might try putting an antibiotic ointment like bacitracin or neosporin in your nostrils every night for a month, because staph germs hang out there and sometimes "seed" other body parts.  Do not pop these lesions.

This condition is commonly seen from the friction caused by wearing tight clothing.

Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

They appear as pimples or pustules located around a hair follicle, usually preceded by or associated with itching skin.

You can treat this with topical antiseptic ointment which is adequate for most cases.
Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment can also be applied on the bumps to hasten the resolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folliculitis

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.