spots on lower abdomen

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

spots on lower abdomen

Hi, I am 28. I noticed a spot on my lower abdomen, between my belly button and my pubic bone. It is not where my hair grows. It started out as small bumps looked like a little rash. It has been about 5 days and it has now formed into 4 spots. They are sortof in a square shape. They look like scabs but they are not. The area is red and a little puffy and it is somewhat itchy but mainly a dull achy burning pain. I constantly feel it burning. It is also warm to the touch. The lymph nodes in my groin area are swollen and sore as well and I feel an achy pain all through there. Someone told me it looked like a spider bit me 2 times (if that helps visualize what the spots look like) there are no blisters. I am not sure what it is.

With the pain and single sided distribution looks like herpes zoster.
Went to dr... wolf spider bite. Prescribed antibiotic.
oh and it got me twice.
thanks tho
For spider bite, apply some cold compresses and then apply calamine lotion. It helps in soothing the skin.
You can take some antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin. Although the bite may be itchy, avoid scratching it because you may damage the skin, and allow bacteria to get in, leading to infection. You may also need topical and oral steroids which are available under prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.