spreading genital rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

spreading genital rash

about 10 days ago i developed a red rash in the fold between my scrotum and left upper thigh. I assumed it was jock itch b/c it was very hot out and i had been wearing tight underwear. I used anti-fungal creams but it has not healed and has instead spread as the same type of rash on my right side groin and then as small/medium sized red bumps down my upper thigh under to my buttocks, up to my pubic area and are now on my penis. The latest I see is that the bumps are approaching my waistline.

It is incredibly itchy and the original areas of the rash in my groin are so sore!

I have an appointment to see a dermatologist tonight.. but i was hoping i might have an idea of what it is before i go. I am really freaking out here.

Thank you.
Hi! I am just new here.  I am a guy.  i googled about something that REALLY bothers me.  I am currently suffering from something i really have no idea about.  the area between my thighs are REALLY itchy.  it occured 3 weeks-a month ago.  At first, i thought it was just a normal itching of the area but then when it lasted for almost two weeks, i got concerned about it.  When i told this to my girlfriend, she referred DEMOVATE cream to me.  she said that it works for areas that are itchy.  she even gave me this fenistel gel for itch also.  i tried dermovate.  however, when i first used the product, it worked a bit.  i mean, the itch was gone for a while but then it was too late when my girlfriend told me that i should have used it for just 7 days because it contains steroids which could make my skin thin.  (sigh) After a week of applying the cream, i observed that the itch was there again, and this time, it was too painful because it comes with wounds (i think it was caused of too much scratching).. my gf and i were discussing about it, i was even accused of having an affair with other girls because of that (too bad for me, coz i am too loyal to my gf, haha).. and then we tried searching for it on the net, until we ended up reading some forums here regarding my problem.  most of the symptoms of jock itch are present to me.  but i am still not 100% sure with it.  just a while ago, my girlfriend texted her dermatologist about it (but we prefer not to tell her it was me because we are afraid of people thinking bad things about us), the derma prescribed ELICA cream (mometasone furoate).. but the thing is, the area stinks (it smells like having fungal infection/athelete's foot) here are the descriptions of what i feel presently: very itchy (there are times that i couldnt sleep at night because of itching), flaky, sore, red areas are spreading out even the scrotum (the weather here in our county changed suddenly from super hot to cold), i sweat a lot because i walk too long from our house to school) i am just hoping that you could help me with this.  should i see the doctor? should he be a dermatologist or a urologist?  is urologist the counterpart of ob-gyn? thank you very much! im looking forward to hear from you as soon as possible. GODbless
hey there see a doctor probably nothing to worry about but using different creams that may not be right for the rash can cause the rash to get worse.. seeing a doctor he can tell you what it is or test it to find out what it is .. as i said doesnt sound like anything serious but get the right treatment or you can be making it worse !!!!
I think I have a good answer for the itching between the thighs. I too have the same itching between my thighs with a pretty strong smell. I also have the redness and the dry skin. I think I have fungus. It could also be from sweating, I am pretty athletic and sweat quiet a bit. I tried all sorts of creams and powders, I also tried a prescription cream through my doctor. Nothing seems to work and the itching comes right back. One day I got the idea to try the deodorant that I use daily for my underarms. I use the Right Guard Antiperspirant & Deodorant Gel type. I bought a second one and every day after I shower and dry, I apply the deodorant to my genital area including my balls. I generally wipe the deodorant stick with toilet paper to keep it clean after use. I don't recommend using the same stick that is used for underarms and keep the two separate so they don't get mixed up. I have had NO itching since the first day I started using this and my genital area actually smells good no matter how much I sweat in sports. I am so happy.