Dermatology Community
squamous cell carcinomia
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

squamous cell carcinomia

i just found out i have squamous cell carcinomis.  Appt coming up wednesday.  How concerned should i be?

This discussion is related to Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
Related Discussions
Hi.

I understand you are highly anxious about this but  do commend you for being proactive in searching for answers regarding this skin condition.

Where is this located? What was the complete diagnosis for this eg type and stage of the carcinoma. Squamous cell CA and its outcome depends on the stage of the disease on diagnosis. "Localized squamous cell carcinoma of the skin is a highly curable disease. The traditional methods of treatment involve the use of cryosurgery, radiation therapy, electrodesiccation and curettage, and simple excision...Of all treatment methods available, Mohs micrographic surgery has the highest 5-year cure rate for both primary and recurrent tumors. "

Source:http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/skin/HealthProfessional/page6

This requires a close supervision with your oncologist and dermatologist. Squamous cell carcinoma requires surgical therapy. Involvement of other structures may require systemic chemotherapy. For more localized disease, the above procedures may be indicated.

Do discuss this with your physician. I feel that he/she is the best person to explain all these options with you. At this point, stay positive and have a close follow up with your physician. Discuss your concerns with your family and with your doctors. Things are not that bad with prompt and proper management.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...