staph infection?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

staph infection?

about a week ago a boil like sore came up on my left buttock, it was painful to the touch and about the size of a half dollar, raised out of the skin and resembled a bruise. About three days ago the boil popped relieving the pain. I am very athletically active and knew of staph infections and went to the school doctor today and received Altabax ointment and sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim double strength antiobiotics. They also took some tests to see if i have a certain kind of staph infection that I cannot remember at the moment. Just tonight my left leg and foot both feel as cold as if the nerves are being pinched. What exactly is going on? and what else can I do about this?

This discussion is related to Pimples on Buttocks.
You are talking about MRSA. If you go to this web page you can find the info you are looking for. The staph infection has become very widespread and comes from bacteria.
It can become serious, even life threatening.

healthatoz.com

The pimple that you had on your buttocks sounded like a boil.The sensations that you are having in your feet maybe parasthesia.It can be due to lack of blood supply to the legs as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis,nerve entrapment and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause it.Cellulitis(infection by staph) also has to be ruled out.

You can take multivitamins for some time. Also get your blood sugar tested.

If the symptoms persist,pls get yourself evaluated by a physician and discuss these possibilities with him.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.