steatocystoma multiplex

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

steatocystoma multiplex

hi
i got some thing outside my testis its look lik pox, after some research i cam to know whats its actual term called, its called steatocystoma multiplex.... this goes on... why its so. hope its not a cancer.i am worried. what is the treatment for this

here is some link to see the picture

http://www.skinatlas.com/steatocystoma1.jpg
http://www.med126.com/photos/uploadfiles_4912/200810/2008102308385650.jpg
Steatocystoma multiplex is characterized by numerous sebum-containing dermal cysts. Surgical approach is the best for them and includes cryotherapy, excision by surgery, aspiration, incisional variants and carbon dioxide laser. Please consult a dermatologist and discuss these treatment options with him.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.
Avatar n tn
thnx bhupinder
ok... can you tell me in detail if go for surgery....  
is aspiration, incisional variants, carbon dioxide are all surgery....

how they do i, would like to see some viedos ans how long they take
r this is a majot/minor surgery. I am scare of surgery.
i asked ma doctor he said its normal but it wil go on. he also recomended to see dermatologist. dose this comes on penis also i worried. still now its in testiclar. if go on. but doctor said aftr surgery also it wil comes back again. is it true
All these are the various surgical variants used in the treatment of steatcystoma multiplex. The choice of treatment depends on the severity of the condition and the decision of your dermatologist. The prognosis for patients with steatocystoma multiplex is excellent and very less number of recurrences have been shown.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Avatar n tn
k but still i would like to know how long it takes for a surgery.. roughly idea...  and after surgery hope that wont come out again....
my family doctor said that for this there is no medicine but... the one is newly begning of growing that can br stoped wit some medicine... atleast....
Avatar n tn
well bhupinder i want to know why that happens and how( possibilities)...happens steatocysroma multiplex..... out side testicular..... please tell me in detail.
Hello Madam,
I see the discussion above. and I am worried that I am suffering from the same disease. Could you please suggest where can i find treatment for this.

Anil