Dermatology Expert Forum
still worried

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

still worried

thankyou for your post.... my dermatologist has decided that the dermoscopy results are good enough to say that the mark was fine. he says that if it were a melenoma as i have just picked it not actually cut it out that the dermascope would still show changes in the skin as it has healed. do you think this is all correct?? i dont no why i dont beleive him i maybe need to work on the anxiety issues??   i am really worried i have picked away a melenoma and it will be too late and it may have spread to far !! sounds silly but this is a real concern to me!! do you think i need to worry or not?? my derm says that this is why they cut out melenoma as apose to just scraping it off , because it doesnt just go away if you pick it off , they can still see it .... many thanks rebecca .. am i worrying un nessesary??
Hello again, Rebecca!

There is no reason to doubt explanations given by your dermatologist. He provided detailed and correct information.

However, if your anxiety is still growing, performing a biopsy, as golden standard in diagnosis of melanoma, might be that calming solution/resolution for your overall health.

I strongly believe that one’s thoughts are very powerful and can affect one’s physical health. Therefore, fear of melanoma is not something anyone should cherish and nourish.

Wishing You Optimal Health,
Dr Jasmina Jankicevic
thankyou..... i have had another appointment with my derm today and he said there is absoulutly no need for a biopsy,..... the skin hasnt changed and is normal skin through a dermascope on the various magnifications.     would you agree with him?? i think i beleive him but i am still doubting ..... many thanks