stinging, burning lips
I went on prednisone for 2 weeks for a back problem, and soon after my lips started hurting--burning and stinging, not cracking.  I had also stated hydroquinone about the same time on my face.  After a few days I stopped that, but lips still hurt.  I have been off the prednisone for over a week now, with no change.  Aquafor helps to keep my lips from cracking, but they're really hurting.  Could this be a side effect, and will it go away?  Thanks for any help.  Kathy
You should not use hydroquinone without a doctor’s medical guidance and the symptoms of lips can be due to allergic reaction or cheilitis lips. Chapped lips are the drying and flaking of dehydrated lips and is common in people with other skin conditions like eczema. Certain medications, like those used to treat acne and allergies to cosmetics and skin-care products, can also contribute to dry and irritated lips.
Avoid licking the lips as saliva evaporates quickly resulting in them being drier than before. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips.

If the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.