strange rash around anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

strange rash around anus

The past few days Ii have been experiencing a strange crawling and itching sensation. Mostly at night but all also during the day upon inspection the whole area in between the buttocks is red and shiny with a few tiny bumps. it seems similar to a rash i found in between my index and middle fingers a couple weeks ago a nurse looked at that and said it looked like poison ivy but that is impossible I rarely leave the house and the itching for the new rash is more of a crawling sensation.  This rash is extremely itchy and the only way I can sleep is to play music to distract myself. I assume during the day it would be just as bothersome if I weren't busy.  The itch itself sometimes extends into the anus a couple of centimeters too. I would really like to solve this myself without buying anything I am able to keep from scratching which I am and have been doing for the past 2 days

Is there as easy non medicated solution to this? Is there a solution to this? What is this?

I need help I am desperate.

Are you having any other associated symptoms of pain, bleeding, itching, mucoid discharge, etc?

This could be an allergic reaction, dermatitis, heat rash, eczema, etc. This could be an anal skin tag secondary to anal fissures, hemorrhoids, warts due to human papillloma virus, moles.

'An anal fissure is an unnatural crack or tear in the anus skin. As a fissure, these tiny tears may show as bright red rectal bleeding and cause severe periodic pain after defecation.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fissure

and

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anal-fissure/DS00762

'Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms. This condition is known as a thrombosed external hemorrhoid.

In addition, excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus may cause irritation with bleeding and/or itching, which may produce a vicious cycle of symptoms. Draining mucus may also cause itching.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhoid

It would be best to consult a surgeon/ skin specialist for your symptoms to find out the cause of your complaints.

Till then you could try eating a high-fiber diet, using stool softener, taking pain killer and having a sitz bath for your symptoms. Apply calamine lotion at the site, keep the area clean and well moisturized, wear lose, comfortable clothes and maintain good personal hygiene. You could take some oral antihistamine medications for the symptoms you are having.

Let us know if you need any other information. Post us about how you are doing.

Regards.

the only symptom is itching no relation to BMs the lumps I spoke about are small and very few as well as being close to the edge of the rash (as in not near the anus so i don't believe its hemorrhoids) it almost looks like I wiped too much after a BM and ran it raw but that cant be the case for 4 days I am going to check it daily for signs of spreading or shrinking if it spreads to the genitals ill see a doctor (genitals because the rash is about halfway there and that is the furthest spread part) i would post a pisture but a picture of my anus wouldn't be appropriate I think

thanks
Have you been with any children lately, this sound like you have thread worm.
These worm make around your anus VERY itchy at night and the worms do wiggle about alot. when you poo look at it quickly to see if you can see them inside the poo or if you are with someone who isnt imbarrased get them to look at your anus at night and they will see them wrigging out.
You can get something from the chemist and they are gone the next day.
yes been near children but like i said the itching is all day (and tonight it is very decreased) i really believe that it is going away it may have been what i had between my fingers that went away in a couple of days but at least now the itching is nearly gone thank god it went away before golf on Sunday now I can relax. also i have looked at my poo and also i have used mirrors to look at my anus all I could see was rash. also today I had a really nice bm (which is rare for me because i have weird bm issues dairy and marinara sauce give me runs but spicy food doesn't change a thing it is fully normal for me to go a week with runs i actually prefer them because other than them being suddenly urgent it is easy to go its faster and the wiping is easier one month i drank about half a gallon of apple juice every day just to give myself the runs i know it sounds odd but i was constipated and who needs stool softener you know)
glad its going, just remember, if it is worms it will return in a few weeks as they run in cycles, they itch really bad for a few weeks,  go away when they die   then return again later.
I need help. My 8 year old has a what looks like scalding around her rectum and it itches severly. we have called the doctor and have sone the bath soaks with baking soda and the hydro cream. its driving her crazy and hurts. any suggestions that could help.
Use some Triple Antibiotic Ointment  Ibought it at a 99 cent store,and it really work my rectum rash was very bad and sore,but it cleared up in one day email me and let me know the outcome,apply the ointment heavely my email is ***@****.