strange skin rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

strange skin rash

4131506?1238016753
I started getting a very strange rash about 3 weeks ago. It started with just small red bumps and they didn't itch. After a few days they started getting bigger and spreading into a circle shape. It started on my stomach and has since spread all over my back, stomach arms and some on my legs. I was told that it is not ringworm, but nobody seems to know what else it could be. I live in a smalll town and the nearest dermatologist is over an hour away and I have no health insurance at the moment so if someone could please try to help me I would very much appreciate it. Also, I have had some say it looks like hives and I have been through some pretty stressful situations latley and have had a lot of anxiety issues. I am not taking any medication either. I'll add a photo
Thank you
Look up this skin infection called Pityriasis Rosea, thier is not much info on how people catch this infection but once diagnose with it can take up to 4-12wks to clear up on your skin. The research says that no medicine can cure it but if your able to get a cortisone shot it can help reduce the rashy look on your skin. Search on line for the nearest free clinic in your city to get help soon. But until then my advice use benadryl for the itching, calomine lotion to keep rash dry and go outside into the sun to help clear the rash. I will keep in my prayers wishing you a speedy, health recovery. bealetanya

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be discoid eczema ,pityriasis rosea, or psoriasis.

Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Other possibilities have to be ruled out then.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.