stretch marks in my groin area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

stretch marks in my groin area

First of all sorry for my poor english. I'm a 22 years old guy who had a jock itch (tinea cruris) infection like one and half years ago. My doctor prescribed me some ketoconazole cream that worked fine and the infection did dissapear.

Some months after,  I noticed I had some kind of stretch marks in my groin area but I didn't paid them much attention. Recently, I noticed them were getting bigger. I've  lost sensibility in that area and it's looking dark-reddish. I have them in both sides between my legs and now are about 2.5 x 0.2 inches and straight in the legs direction like veins or something.

I am wondering what can this be, it looks now completely different from how jock itch did look. Now it doesn't itch or hurt at all but I'm a bit afraid of them.

Thank you in advance,
J.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

These stretch marks that you are referring to, are they painful, elevated or itchy?

If these are located in your groin area, then this is likely to be stretch marks. If you have lost weight rapidly in the past few months ,then stretch marks may be the likely diagnosis. This may not be something that you should be very worried about. You may apply some vitamin E cream over the area to help smoothen the skin. Drink plenty of water and exercise regularly. If these marks appear to increase in size or changes in appearance then you may need to have this assessed.
Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for your prompt answer! Regarding to your question, these stretchs are neither painfull, elevated nor itchy.

What you said about lossing weight makes sense with my situation, I'll follow your tips and will see what happen.

Thank you again!
J.