Dermatology Community
stretch marks
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stretch marks

Hello my name is Sean and I am an 18 year old male who has been weight lifting for two years now, in these past two years i began to notice stretch marks which gradually got bigger on my arms and upper chest and arm pits currently the stretch marks are red and some are faded, i tried using a RetinA cream and mederma stretch mark cream and also cocoa butter none helped me that much i also tried lazer surgery but only went in for two sessions which didn't work I was wondering if any one could help me and reccomend a cream I could use or some other method to reduce the stretch marks or atleast take out some of the color. I heard trilastin works but my only source is the internet and it's hard to tell with those kinds of things if any one could help me i'd greatly appreciate it

thank you
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Stretch marks can appear when there is rapid stretching of the skin. It is common in rapid gaining or losing of weight, puberty, cushings syndrome and overuse of steroids.

Creams containing alpha hydroxyl acids and retin-A are said to be useful in decreasing the stretch marks but the advertised antimarks creams have no proof of effectiveness. Eat healthy, nutritious food ,drink plenty of fluids and do moderate exercises. Laser therapy, and dermabrasion alone or in combination have also been shown to be effective in diminishing the appearance of stretch marks. For that you need to consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
thank you so much I will try that I am using a Retina i started using it about a week ago it seems to be working
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...