Dermatology Community
sudden appearance of brown spots all over body
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sudden appearance of brown spots all over body

About 10 months ago I was exposed to and diagnosed with scabies. I believe I was exposed to it through a sexual encounter. I was given Permethrin cream and over several weeks they eventually went away. However, the following few months afterwards, I noticed the sudden appearance of small brown spots all over my body (trunk, legs, arms, face, etc.). They just look like small moles and in no way bother me. It just seemed odd to me that I would get so many brown spots (40+) in such a short period of time. Could this be some kind of pigmentation change from having scabies? There also is a history of melanoma in my family, so this came to mind as a cause for concern? Any insight would be appreciated.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Without examination,it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but the various possibilities are acanthosis nigricans,seborrheic keratosis,syringoma,solar lentigo or tinea versicolor.

Diagnosis can only be confirmed after examination feel that you should consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.
Blank
1544520_tn?1293487183
especially in his buttocks around 4 or 5 round coin sized spots, 2 on his right foot, one on his left arm and two bigger ones just where the kidneys are is like drawing where they are, no symptoms, just there, Doctor thought they were fungus but after 4 days with the treatment is not working, everything still the same....What can it be? I don know if I should worry or not :(. Please help!

Thanks
Blank
1544520_tn?1293487183
Posted in wrong place. I was new....sorry:) hope you feel better.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank