sudden bumps under 5 yr. old tattoo
I got a tattoo about 5 years ago. Never noticed anything out of the ordinary with it. However, within the last 6 months I have noticed that all of a sudden there are numerous bumps under the tattooed area. They don't hurt or itch, but I am concerned since they have just appeared out of no where.
Also, my tattoo isn't red. It's teal blue...if it matters.
It can be sebaceous prominence or infected hair follicles. Allergic reaction to the dye after such a long time is less likely. Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.

I have a tattoo that is on the top of my right arm that has been there for nearly 20 years and in the last few weeks it has suddenly got lumps under it and some of them have discoloured to look like moles.  I have shown my skin cancer doc and he says they are not anything to worry about in that respect, but he has no idea what they are or what has caused them after this amount of time.  
The areas where the lumps are have predominantly black and blue colouration... lines and colour.... a lot of them are where lines have overlapped.
Hey! I've had my tattoo for 7 years now and what looks like white bumps on the black part of the wings? I can see the bumps all around my arms just not the tattoo has anyone else had this should i be concerened? :S
I had a tattoo on my right forearm as well. Got a tattoo in remembrance of my brother who passed away. I just recently started looking at what looked to be a birthmark starting but now noticed a red blemish surrounding it. The mark has a tiny bump in the center of it. If I could show you an image that would be cool but I'm not to sure if I could on here.