sudden rash and bumps that dispear after a couple of hours

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hello, i am having this sudden rashes for a month now. they suddenly appear more like a mosquito bites on my chest stomack then arms and begin to itch me . then after few hours they disapear. the other day i had these sudden skin color bumps on my arms very itchy and then after few hours they dispear again. do you have any idea what are these??? and why i have them?? i am a well build 29 male. i drink normally and i smoke.
Thank you very much
The symptoms that you are having are due to hives. Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.
You need to take antihistaminics for a few days (sometimes they may be taken for 6 weeks) and apply calamine lotion on the rashes. Also topical steroids have to be applied after consulting a dermatologist. You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine.
If the symptoms are severe then please consult a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
thank you so muchj i will keep u posted.