Dermatology Expert Forum
sudden reversal

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

sudden reversal

At the onset of a year of joint pain, (severe hip), lifelong patches of psoriasis vanished. I'm thiry four, female. Every fall since age 14, I have experienced a "flare" of psoriasis. Tiny dots blossom into dime size lesions, these can be so wide spread that they eventually run together, making ever larger areas. There have been times when my body was so covered in this , that you could not place a hand anywhere on it without touching a patch. Spring, early tanning, March to May would see it recede. Never completely gone. In addition to this, I have had solid kneecap and elbow patches since age 15. Now it's all gone. Not one spot. I have seen a rheumatologist about the hip pain, but nothing proves out. They feel this can't be psoriatic arthritis since the psoriasis has vanished. Do you have any suggestions as to why the sudden disappearance? Obviously, this is an end run at the cause of the hip pain. A comment on either is welcome. Thank you, Lauren
Lauren:

Psoriasis (and a lot of other conditions) do weird things: they falre up for no reason and disappear the same way.  I would take the respite as a gift for as long as it lasts.

As you your hip pain, just because the skin psoriasis is in remission doesn't mean you don't have psoriasis.  While I am no expert on the classification of arthritis, I don't see why your skin clearing would automatically exclude the diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis.

In any case, the skin and joints proceed on separate "tracks"--you treat the symptoms of whichever are prominent.

Best.

Dr. R
Hi Lauren,

It sounds like what Joe had for over 35 years and now it is kept under control with our specialized Totally Natural Body & Home Care Products which we are Distrubutor for a Company Called: " Druide Laboratories Inc. from Montreal, canada ". If you wish to view our Web Site first so that you can make up your mind if you wish our help or not, here is our Web Site: " http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/medal.cmms/ " and our Email is: " medals.***@**** ".

Best Regards

Joe & Ghislaine