sun damage
How effective is prescription Tretinoin .05 on erasing sun damage to the skin, i have fine wrinkles forming on my forehead there not very deep yet and patches of rough skin(enlarged pores on cheeks and forehead). If it does clear up the wrinkles and pores how long should it take to see some results I'm not always the most patient person. I just finished my first week of using it.
Tretinoin cream is used for acne and stretch marks in dermatology but it increases the risk of extreme sunburn; care should be taken (shade, sunscreen, etc.) to protect treated skin from overexposure to ultraviolet light.

Large pores can be easily dealt with proper cleansing and frequent toning and moisturizing of the skin. Other treatments to consider include microdermabrasion, skin resurfacing lasers and chemical skin peels.

In my opinion you should discuss these treatment options with a cosmetologist/dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have consulted with a dermatologist, she said a had slight sun damage and the wrinkles and gave me a prescription. I purposely started using the Tretinoin .05  generic cream in the winter so when i started the treatment i could avoid for the most part the problem of sunburns. I have been using it for two weeks now putting it on once a day before i go to bed and using a moisturizer in the morning to help with flaking.There are a few things i wished i had asked my dermatologist  when i was there that I'm wondering now though. She said it would be a few months before i would see any visible improvement in skin and wrinkles but how much much can i reasonably expect. I also forgot to ask if i could use the tretinoin under the eyes because i have heard that the skin is very thin under there. I will try and post a picture of my pores and fine wrinkles i guess what im trying to ask and find out is how much improvement can i actually expect
It is advisable to avoid applying this cream from the eyes, the mouth, paranasal creases, and mucous membranes. So please do not use it under the eyes as the skin is thin and delicate and irritant contact dermatitis may be caused.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.