sunburn for 2 months?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sunburn for 2 months?

I went to the beach about 2 months ago and got a bad sunburn on my side. It was really red and then turned into tan color. It has stayed this color for 2 months and doesnt seem to be going back to my normal skin color. What should I do?
  • Sunburn (1 replies):
    Upper back/shoulders burning and feel like their raw, wh...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    I had a sunburn and now there is an itchy rash there, ca...[more]
  • sunburn swelling (3 replies):
    i don't know what to do sunday i went to the beach and i...[more]
  • skin problems (1 replies):
    I thought i was pealing but i dont remember getting sunb...[more]
  • Sunburn (1 replies):
    My son got a severe sunburn on his lower legs, worse at ...[more]
anyone?
Apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry.Also use a sunburn Over-The-Counter remedy containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing.You can apply silver sulfadiazine (1% cream) on the skin except face and see if it helps.If the symptoms still persist then you should consult a dermatologist and discuss the option of dermabrasion or laser resurfacing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.