sunburn swelling

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sunburn swelling

i don't know what to do sunday i went to the beach and i got a really bad sunburn on my face and now it's swollen y eyes are all swollen , forehead, and cheeks. what should i do i already tried putting on aloe and it been this way for 2 days now
I had a bad sunburn on my legs and they swelled up.  I went to the doctor and he said I had sun poisoning.  I had to keep my legs elevated because my legs were so swollen they were cutting the circulation off to my feet.  I suggest you go to your doctor or to Urgent Care to get your sunburn checked out.
Sunburn results when the amount of exposure to the sun or other ultraviolet light source exceeds the ability of the body's protective pigment, melanin, to protect the skin.

Apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry.Also use a sunburn Over-The-Counter remedy containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing.You can apply silver sulfadiazine (1% cream) on the skin except face and see if it helps.If the symptoms still persist then you should consult a dermatologist and discuss the option of dermabrasion or laser resurfacing.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.