sunburn with itchy bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sunburn with itchy bumps

I have been on vacation in FL and the Keys and have gotten sunburnt on mainly my shoulders after a few days its better but now  I happened to be back out were I got more sun and now I have bumps on the back of my shoulder and part of my arm. Im just concerned now of  the fact thatI am on warfarin for a blood clot that this is the reason for the itchy bumps?
One of the possibilities for your symptoms can be solar urticaria. It is the development of hives minutes after exposure to the sun, which resolve in less than 1 hour.

apply a good sunscreen with minimum spf 30 atleast half an hour before going out in the sun. You can take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine or Loratadine(Claritin) when the rash appears. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms. You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. Also apply calamine lotion and a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash.

If the symptoms are severe then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

thank u Dr. they did last several days. I did stay out of the sun and its all cleared up now. I will be more careful while I am out.
We were all 3 building sand castles at the beach on a cloudy day an got burnt after couple hours an we peeled an such but now we have red bumps all over our backs that itch an don't seem to b going away what can be done to get rid of these bumps an stop the itching its been over a week an all healed up except the bumps an the itch but sunburn is gone