sunburned eyelids
I wore sunscreen but did not wear sunglasses so my eyelids are burnt :( How long does it take eyelids to heal fully? to return to normal color rather than red?  also I'll wear sunglasses but what can I do to reduce or reverse the damage so that the damage doesn't show later in life? or is it too late? :( thanks!
Sunburn results when the amount of exposure to the sun or other ultraviolet light source exceeds the ability of the body's protective pigment, melanin, to protect the skin.

Apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry.Also use a sunburn Over-The-Counter remedy containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing.You can apply silver sulfadiazine (1% cream) on the skin except face and see if it helps.If the symptoms still persist then you should consult a dermatologist. In future also wear sunscreen or sunglasses while going out in the sun.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.