Dermatology Expert Forum
suspicious lookin red rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

suspicious lookin red rash
I have noticed a very red,itchy  rash that is fairly good sized  appears to have a sore in the middle of it ... on my boyfriends inner thigh close to pubic area....I have been out of town recently...we have not been intimate for awhile...should I be concerned...Thank you very much...I appreciate any advice you can give me on this...worried in NH.
I wouldn't be worried, but I would suggest he get it looked at and treated.  it could be a fungus (non-contagious, by the way) or an chafing type of irritation.  Why not have him try some over-the-counter 1% clotrimazole cream twice a day for a week, while he arranges to see a doctor about it.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, Red Blotches on Face and Body was started.