swollen, irritated finger

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

swollen, irritated finger

I have had a skin issue for about two months now and it will not go away. It is only on one finger ( my middle finger ) of my right hand. I originally thought it was poison ivy as it is that I do a lot of yard work. The finger looks swollen and puffy all the time so much that the nail has no cuticle and it often appears whiter/paler and visibly "poofier" than the other fingers. Also the surface skin will go back and forth from being dry/cracking/peeling/not itching to it being very itchy and covered with very tiny fluid pustule type bumps and almost soggy in general. What is the deal! I have tried calamine and vit E and nothing seems to work. Could it be a form of psoriasis? I don't wear any jewelry on that hand at all so it's not a reaction to any metal.
Tags: skin,finger,itch,swollen